Opel Speedster is in fact no debate that the best thing you can easily take extreme sport experience behind the wheel and on normal road. On the circuit you can lick to six hundred horses powers monsters at fraction of the price and overall operating costs. In England it is called budget-racer.
British Isles mention the accident. Despite Opelův sign on the bow, the Speedster completely manufactured in the UK. And it was for a very good reason. The basic building block of any good sports car chassis, and the fact it has its origins at Lotus Engineering, the nejpovolanějšíhch in the field. Ultralight frame of bonded aluminum extrusions has its origins in the Lotus Elise. It is so well know in the first corner.
Engine performance and
basically the only thing that is really Opel Speedster motors. Specifically, the atmosphere or turbo 2.2-liter blown. But do not worry, it is 150 or 200 hp to 900 kg car weighing more than enough. Now the balance has decided, both engines weighs about 150 kg, which is 10% less than comparable units. For such a road go-kart you do not need the excess power and then you will appreciate that the motors are oversized and therefore very reliable in the long term. 150 or 200 hp with a turbo is just fine, because you stokilometrovou speed in 5.9 seconds (or 4.9 with stronger versions). The speedometer stops until well beyond the two hundred to 220 (243 in Turba), but Spedster never about breaking top speed.
May be even better? Yes!
To be enough nor of those 200 horses can get a “dvadvojku” to drug her and retrofitting of turbo and control as the herd of 260 or 300 horsepower. After all, the acceleration in 5.9 seconds can seem like an eternity, but it is just so elegantly solved, theoretically, can be immediately reached for 3.9 seconds. And we call it brilliant price / performance ratio!
Why did he want?
From Speedster do not expect anything more than a crystalline pure pleasure of driving. Small suitcase, but the bag with the bare you go in there, and remember how your other luggage threw a perfect weight distribution. . . it does not want. Just tightened up the machine for each turn. A few details that are going to improve, and we already know we can dopilovat.
SPEEDSTER (VX220) factory parameters:
- Power: 147 horsepower at 5800 rpm. (Turbo: 200 horsepower at 5,500 rpm)
- Torque: 203 Nm at 2500 rpm. (Turbo: 250 Nm between 1950-5500 rpm.)
- Acceleration : 0-100 km / h: 5.9 seconds (Turbo: 4.9 s)
- Maximum speed: 220 km / h (Turbo 243 km / h)
- Hp per ton: 169 (Turbo: 215)
- Power consumption: 8.1 l / 100 km (Turbo: 8.5 l / 100 km)
- Dimensions: 3.8 / 1.7 / 1.1 m
- Wheelbase: 2.33 meters
- Weight: 870 kg (Turbo: 930 kg)
- Fuel tank capacity: 36 l
- Engine: four-cylinder Ecotec Z22SE, volume 2.2-liter four-cylinder Ecotec & Z20LET volume of 2.0 liters (Turbo)
- Transmission: Five-speed manual Getrag F23
- Body: Two-door targa, a folding canvas roof or a fixed composite panels, extremely lightweight frame made of glued-drawn aluminum composite front crumple zone, the rear diffuser
- Chassis: Fully-wheel independent suspension with double wishbones
- Brakes: discs with a diameter of 288 mm, ABS
- Wheels and tires: Front 17 “cast aluminum wheels, rear 175/55 tires 17” cast aluminum wheels, 225/45 tires
- Interior: Aluminium bulkhead at the feet of the driver and passengers, aluminum footrest passenger, cloth or leather seats, steering wheel MOMO with airbag, handbrake and gearshift knob made of polished aluminum, the prestressing seatbelts, start button, manual windows, 2 speakers