OPEL SPEEDSTER – THE BEST BUDGETRACER
The Opel Speedster is unquestionably the best you can easily get for an extreme sports experience at the wheel and on the road. On the circuit, paint it for six-thousand monsters at a fraction of the cost and total operating costs. In England it is called the budget-racer.
We do not mention the British Isles by accident. Despite Opel’s front sign, the Speedster was completely manufactured in the UK. And there was a very good reason for that. The cornerstone of any good sports car is the chassis and it has its origin at Lotus Engineering, the most competent in the industry. Ultralight frame glued from aluminum profiles has its origin in Lotus Elise. That you know it right in the first corner.
Engine and power
Basically 2.2 atmosphere or turbo-blown 2,0. But don’t worry, 150 or 200 hp per 900 kg weighing car is enough. Just the weight has decided, both engines weigh about 150 kg, which is 10% less than other comparable units. For such a road kart you do not need much power and then you will appreciate that the engines are oversized and therefore very long-term reliable. 150 or 200 horsepower with Turb is enough, because you will be at 100 km speed in 5.9 seconds (or 4.9 for the stronger version). The speedometer stops far beyond the 200’s (243 at Turbo), but Spedster will never be about breaking top-speed.
Can it be even better? Yes!
Who will not suffice even the 200 horses, can buy a “twin” and nadopovat her retrofit turbo and control the herd 260 or 300 horses. After all, an acceleration of 5.9 seconds may seem like an eternity, but it can be solved in this elegant way, theoretically suddenly you get to 3.9 seconds. And that’s what we call the ingenious price / performance ratio!
Why want him?
Don’t expect anything more from Speedster than crystal-clear driving pleasure. A small suitcase, but a bag with holem fits there, and realize how your other luggage would decide the ideal weight distribution. . . you don’t want that. Just the most tightened machine for each turn. And we know the few details that can be improved, and we can finish it.
SPEEDSTER (VX220) factory parameters:
- Power: 147 horsepower at 5800 rpm. (Turbo: 200 horsepower at 5,500 rpm)
- Torque: 203 Nm at 2500 rpm. (Turbo: 250 Nm between 1950-5500 rpm.)
- Acceleration : 0-100 km / h: 5.9 seconds (Turbo: 4.9 s)
- Maximum speed: 220 km / h (Turbo 243 km / h)
- Hp per ton: 169 (Turbo: 215)
- Power consumption: 8.1 l / 100 km (Turbo: 8.5 l / 100 km)
- Dimensions: 3.8 / 1.7 / 1.1 m
- Wheelbase: 2.33 meters
- Weight: 870 kg (Turbo: 930 kg)
- Fuel tank capacity: 36 l
- Engine: four-cylinder Ecotec Z22SE, volume 2.2-liter four-cylinder Ecotec & Z20LET volume of 2.0 liters (Turbo)
- Transmission: Five-speed manual Getrag F23
- Body: Two-door targa, a folding canvas roof or a fixed composite panels, extremely lightweight frame made of glued-drawn aluminum composite front crumple zone, the rear diffuser
- Chassis: Fully-wheel independent suspension with double wishbones
- Brakes: discs with a diameter of 288 mm, ABS
- Wheels and tires: Front 17 “cast aluminum wheels, rear 175/55 tires 17” cast aluminum wheels, 225/45 tires
- Interior: Aluminium bulkhead at the feet of the driver and passengers, aluminum footrest passenger, cloth or leather seats, steering wheel MOMO with airbag, handbrake and gearshift knob made of polished aluminum, the prestressing seatbelts, start button, manual windows, 2 speakers